On March 16 2020, the Foundation CapaCare Netherlands was launched officially.
The overall vision of the CapaCare International is to promote the sustainable development of competences of health workers in low-income countries. After extensive internal consultation with the CapaCare Netherlands Foundation, it was decided to focus on the goals described below to contribute sustainably to this vision.
To improve the quality of training of health care workers, through;
- continued development of curriculum
- to select and support external trainers
- provide supervision and intervision for medical coordinators
- to support life-long learning of graduated health care workers
- to strengthen and maintain national and international professional collaborating networks
- fundraising among networks
These objectives are complementary to those of the other national CapaCare associations, which all together form CapaCare International. Each objective has one or more board members who keep track of the progress and are responsible for the implementation of the activities.
Our first year has not gone by without challenges. We are proud that we have started up, but the pandemic has cause delays in the implementation of our activities. In the second year of the Foundation CapaCare Netherlands, the direction taken in the first year will be continued. The objectives have been agreed and approved in the CapaCare council meeting on February 16, 2021.
Annual report and Year plan for 2021 available below: