Could you tell us a little bit about your background?
My full name is Mohamed John Turay, Born in Tonkolili Distrcit
Northern Sierra Leone. I grow up in Makeni where I got my Primary,secondary education and study Economics at Nala University graduating in 2010. I was a development worker in an NGO called Association for Rural Development.
What brought you to Masanga?
What inspired me to come to masanga is the Vision of the Hospital to provide free health care and teachings for all sierra Leoneans irrespective of tribe, religion, sex, and cultural differences. And that masanga is in its transformation stage.I want to be part of that transformation process and do share the hospital vision.
What are your main duties at Masanga Hospital?
My main Duties in Masanga are
– manage the finances of all the masanga project including Capacare, Hospital, Nurse college and Business
– improve the local revenue of the Hospital
– Effectively manage the liabilities of the project
– laise with financial authorities like NASSIT, NRA, customs Insurance etc
– prepare the annual financial plan for that project.
– prepare monthly financial statements for the project
– give technical financial advice to the International and Local Board of the project.
What are your thoughts about the Surgical Training Program?
My thought about the Surgical Training Program is that the
program is timely as it help to improve the skills of Health workers in Sierra Leone. as the country is in dare need of medical staff to effectively and efficiently deliver quality health care service. The program is of high quality.
How do you like to spend your spare time?
I spend my spare time reading, playing football, volleyball and listen to radio
What are your plans for the future?
In the future I will like to improve my education, stay together with my family and contribute to national development.